- A charming and beautifully presented detached cottage dating back to the 16th century, occupying a prime position at the heart of this sought after Polden Hill village
- Lovingly extended over the years to provide characterful accommodation to suit modern day living whilst retaining its original features
- Featuring inglenook fireplaces with woodburning stoves, oak and flagstone oak floors, exposed beams and stone work, cast iron radiators
- Well-appointed ground floor accommodation comprising; reception hall, dining hall, sitting room, snug, kitchen and cloakroom
- Enjoying four double bedrooms with vaulted ceilings, one affording a dressing room and all are serviced by a luxury family bathroom
- Light and airy self-contained one bedroom cottage, perfect for multi-generational families, those looking for additional income or even a beautiful 'work from home' space.
- Attractively landscaped garden affording much privacy, a sunny aspect and great outside entertaining space
- Ideally situated within half a mile walk of the local Post Office and store and just 6 miles from the M5 Junction 23
This charming and beautifully presented detached property occupies a prime position at the heart of this sought after Polden Hill villages and has been lovingly extended over the years to provide characterful accommodation to suit modern day living whist also benefitting from a one bedroom cottage, perfect for multi-generational families, those looking for additional income or even a beautiful 'work from home' space.
There is much more here than first meets the eye. The original cottage dates back to the 16th century and has been thoughtfully extended over the years. The characterful accommodation is both tastefully decorated and beautifully presented throughout, Enjoying all the features you expect from a period property; exposed beams and stone walling, oak and flagstone floors, fireplaces, wood burners, window seats and cast iron radiators to name but a few. This must be viewed to be appreciated.
Welcomed in a large reception hall, there is plenty of space here for boots and coats and doors lead off the ground floor accommodation and a cloakroom with two large built in storage cupboards. A great family home providing three reception areas; a charming dining hall complete with inglenook and woodburner, a feature mirrored in the characterful dual aspect sitting room and a snug with French doors opening onto the garden. The kitchen leads conveniently off the dining hall and is well appointed with a comprehensive range of oak fronted base, wall and drawer units, ceramic sink, built in double oven, induction hob, washing machine and space for an american style fridge/freezer and dishwasher.
On the first floor there are four double bedrooms , enjoying stunning features such as exposed beams, oak floors, vaulted ceilings and in one, an original cast iron fireplace and window seat. The main bedroom has a dressing room which can be readily converted to an ensuite, if desired as plumbing points are in place. A luxury family bathroom is beautifully appointed with jacuzzi bath and separate shower enclosure.
One Bedroom Cottage
In addition to the main house there is a separate one bedroom cottage. This second property is ideal accommodation as home for relatives. It would also be ideal for these who would appreciate a second income or could be used as a fantastic work space/studio. Affording a kitchen, light and airy living room with exposed beams and French doors to the outside, a double bedroom and ensuite bathroom with shower over the bath.
The property is approached through a five-bar entrance gate over a tarmacadam driveway which provides ample parking and turning in front of the large garage, fitted with power and light. The attractive garden affords much privacy, is fully enclosed and beautifully landscaped comprising a raised wrap around lawn, established shrub borders and large stone terrace providing a wonderful eating and entertaining space. There is also a well and shed.
The property is situated at the heart of this desirable Polden Hill village, Catcott, known and appreciated for its community feel and local amenities, including a highly regarded primary school, church and two public houses. The neighbouring village has a Doctors surgery and supermarket, which is just under a mile away. The thriving town of Street just 6.5 miles offering a good range of facilities including Strode College, Strode Theatre, both indoor and open-air swimming pools and complex of shopping outlets in Clarks Village. Street is also the home of the renowned Millfield Senior School. Catcott is 29 miles from Bristol International Airport, 37 miles from the City of Bristol and 22 miles from the County Town of Taunton.
From Street proceed west on the A39 towards the M5 motorway. After about 5 miles turn right into Scotts Lane signposted Catcott having previously passed a left turn for Moorlinch. At the crossroads, King William Pub ahead, proceed straight across into King William Road. At the 'T' junction turn left into Manor Road. Continue a short distance where you will find 22 Manor Road on the corner opposite the war memorial and the village primary school.